We often feel ugly.
Because we’re too diverse, too unique, too incredible to be conformed to societies constructions of beautiful.
And it shouldn’t be that way.
We shouldn’t feel ugly about who we are as an individual.
We shouldn’t identify as ugly because we aren’t a mirror reflection of social norm.
We shouldn’t try to be beautiful. Try to tick off all the criteria for what others define as beautiful.
Fitting ourselves into a box created by the media, or what is glorified by famous people, or the internet or even peers takes away the beauty from life. We all become robots clambering to mould into one stereotype of beautiful.
Everyone has beauty within them.
It just takes people with an open heart to see it within you. People who don’t allow superficial ideas to cloud judgement.
I see art as a metaphor for beauty. To me art is about perception. People either fall in love with it or not. They appreciate it or not. Try to understand it or see a blank. However, we should all try and be part of a society where our perception isn’t skewed by appearance. But by morals, and character.
That’s why you are beautiful.
I see beauty within you for who you are as an individual.
Beauty shouldn’t be restrained and tied down to physical appearance. Ever.
You’re all beautiful to me.
1) Link back to this post in your introduction so nominees can get a brief context of the tag. In particular the opening of this post.
2) Thank your nominee.
3) Answer the questions
4) Tag anyone and let them know – no limit on numbers
5) Oooh tag it as beautifulistag so I can read them all!
6) Comment I am beautiful at the end of your post
7) SMILE BEAUTIFUL
1) what is your definition of beautiful
2) what do you find beauty in (abstract or concrete ideas)
3) when you think of beautiful, what are the first four things or words that come to mind?
4) a song, quote or lyric that you think sums up beauty perfectly
5) tell us seven reasons why you are beautiful
6) tell us about a time someone made you feel beautiful. how did it make you feel?
7) if you had to draw beautiful, how would it look?
8) when was the last time you highlighted someone’s beauty to them?
And I am tagging the following people :
and you if you have the urge to tell us what beautiful is!