welcome to my first monthly wrap up of jan 2020 where i look back and reflect on all things good. i’d love to hear what you got up to in jan too so pop by in the comment – promise i don’t bite!
moments i’m proud of:
- i got my exam result for an accounting paper; i did much better than i thought and proved the self-doubts in my mind wrong.
- i sat my driving theory exam and passed
- i decided to be brave and start tackling my fear of dogs. it’s something i’m hoping to work on slowly over the coming months, so that one day i won’t feel so panicked and uncomfortable at the sight of a dog. although i kept trying to evade the dog, i managed to eventually chill with a cute, medium sized dog, let him sit by me and occasionally stroke it. it was a nice experience; the owner was very considerate and open to questions, and non-judgemental of my dsakldjadsk nature around the dog.
update: so today i went for a walk and i ran across the road when the most adorablest puppy tried to come near me. i was so embarrassed at my response because the owner looked so amused
books i read:
this author really knows how to create the most unexpected plot twist that is literally revealed in the last chapter. had me speechless.
i read this on the kindle app. someone recommended it to me and mentioned they’re letting you get it for free for a bit. so of course imma check it out – free books! it’s a series and it’s so freaking good! the plot twist and supernatural element to it just reels you in. i managed to get the second book for free too by subscribing to the newsletter. below is my favourite quote from the book; one that has me like oof and kinda wish i penned that.
“What can we call such creatures as the Kellys and the Benders? They look like us, speak like us, but their hearts are as black as the anonymous graves of their victims. Are such beings born or created? I don’t know. But you asked me before if I believe in the devil.” She smiled. “The answer is yes, dear, I do. And so, I think, should you.”
things i watched:
(the plot in this was super mind boggling to get my head around – quite disorientating. like a dream within a dream within a dream…but super cool concept and i loved the plot and how it was captured cinematically). here’s the trailer
breaking bad: season one to four (if anyone is down to discuss plotlines or obsess over it, feel free to hit me up! no spoilers please – got one more season to go)
current song obsession:
super amazing bloggers i met:
so this month i met a few new bloggers that have quirky, interesting content. they’re all so down to earth and supportive.
- jasmin (honestly so sweet and has a range of intriguing posts, and her photographs are so pretty)
- life with a bookworm (seriously in awe of your book blogging skills, and having such wonderful content)
- universe of the unspoken (her writing style is wowowow; it leaves you speechless)
- joana (wide range of posts that leave you deep in thought)
a post i read this month that i adored:
- a case against 21st century’s biggest career and life advice by an incredibly talented blogger and artist
- shape of you
- it ain’t me
- jar of hearts
i post these on insta under kiyax_x
and i guess that’s a wrap for jan! i hope you enjoyed reading this, and hopefully getting more of an insight into my character. i’d love to hear how this month has treated you so tell me:
- what are you proud of?
- what have you been obsessed with this month? (book/movie/music/anime ect)
- favourite memory?