happy new year! i’m sending you all my love, and wishing you all much joy and hoping you all catch your dreams x
so i thought i’d make this brief post to outline my blogging goals for the year, and ramble a bit about my blog itself.
some of you may have noticed how over the past year, my blog has transformed from a lil bit of everything to slowly focusing mainly on creative writing. i want to continue doing that, but also begin to intertwine lil doodles and photographs i’ve taken into these creative writing pieces.
i haven’t really kept up with tags…honestly, it touches me greatly that someone has thought of me and gone oooh i want kiya to do this tag. but i feel like i’m a very uninteresting person/haven’t found my personal blogging voice yet haha so struggle to write a response that i feel is post worthy. however, if you wish to get to know me more, please feel free to drop questions in the comments/demand certain tags to be completed. also, you can stalk a lil more about me here.
now moving onto my cute lil blog goals:
- last year, i really let go of being creative. so this year, i’m going to be doing monthly creative challenges where each day i’ll be required to either do something artsy, write, or take a photograph. these will be posted on my blog or insta page if i feel they’re worthwhile to share with you all.
- i want to read everyday. whether that be a page, an online comic, blog posts, or an actual book. there may be a few book reviews that appear hehe.
- i’m looking to submit some of my writings to competitions. therefore, if you all could be my brutally honest critics, that would mean the world, and help me improve and constantly develop my skills.
- i would love to reach 1.5k followers on my blog by december.
- collabs! it would be amazing to get to know even more of you, and work with you all on creative collabs or even step outside of my usual comfort zone and try something new! please email me/get in touch if you’re interested.
okay so to conclude:
- thank you so much for the ongoing support you all give me. thank you for the sweet comments, and motivation you all provide.
- i have no idea who nominated me, but i was so touched and got a lil emotional. Megan, hosted a best of 2018 award kinda thing, (huge respect to her for all the time, effort, and dedication she put into pulling it off) and one of my poems got entered. it was so unexpected and out of the blue, but wow, did it touch my heart a lot. so to whoever went out of their way to support me, thank you so so so much from the bottom of my heart. means a lot! also i would recommend checking the post out because i had so much fun exploring new bloggers and content, and voting was so hard, but it was such a great learning experience. i found so many wow bloggers – there’s so much creativity to be found. someone i’d like to quickly gush about is Allison – her photograph is amazing, and eek she self-published a gorgeous poetry book which is just so inspirational to me!
- i’d also like to thank a few bloggers for being awesome! and imma share my current fav piece from them
- kate – my unicorn gives the best advice, and this piece she wrote on finding inspiration for creativeness when having none helped and motivated me a lot.
- anna – she’s just so funny, sassy, and ambitious and wowowow can we admire her handwriting with both her left and right!
- elm – this is a heart wrenching poem elm produced a while ago, and i think it captures an emotion we may all feel some essence of at some point in our lives. and also draw attention to the wise words of the amazing Ilsa: also, when you are feeling like this? just remember. you are every single word and sentence and paragraph. you are all the words and the writing and the beautiful ink flowing out of a pen. you are everything. you are the author of your own story. im not gonna be unrealistic and say this is always the case because sure, sometimes we don’t get to decide stuff. but remember you are awesome, we all love and you matter.
annnd i guess that’s a wrap for now